Saturday, August 24, 2013

Becky in the Beginning


For my first post, I'm going to tell you a little bit about how I began this whole film career called acting, (I think I can actually call it a career now, because I finally made some cash)!
 I actually have no clue how it happened.

 I know I started at my very first school in my hometown of Lakewood, Ohio.  What, did I wake up one morning and decide right then and there that I to can be a Kelly Kapowski?   It had to be around the era of Saved by the Bell.  The school that I was talking about a second ago is called The Beck Center, Tom Hanks once frequented The Beck Center.  I only remember 3 things from that school.

1.  They wanted us to choose an animal, then go into the middle of the circle, (created by all the Kelly Kapowskis and Zack Morris' of the world) and act like the animal you chose, for probably something like 3 minutes.  I chose a dog. 

2.  Mime stuff!  Weird I know, I hated the mime stuff.  We felt around imaginary walls and crap.  That's really all I can say about that.

3.  Something about a huge NKOTB pin.  If you're unsure what NKOTB stands for it's New Kids On The Block, duh.  I remember bringing in a huge pin with Jordan Knight on it.  Don't ask me what I did with that pin...It looked something like this.  In fact, it was this pin.  The diameter on this sucker is 15cm/6 inches.  IT'S HUGE!


What is he even doing with his hand right now?


This question may have crossed your mind while reading this post, "Um, do people spend money to go to that kind of school?"  AND  the answer to that question, my friends is YES, they do!  Just wait until I tell you the amount of money I spent at AADA,  (that's The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in NY)  to do a bunch of weird shit. 

If you don't know this about me yet, I'm not like other actors.  I actually dislike most actors and I don't pretend to love all things acting, like the theatre, Comic-Con and dressing up for Halloween.   Oh no, wait, actors love to play dress up everyday.

Thanks for reading!  Check back soon, next time I might write about  the time I forgot all my lines on stage, during a play...

2 comments:

  1. You don't love the theatre or Halloween! She's a...she's...a witch! Burn her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm no Dorothy!
    Actually, I was, in high school I dressed up as Dorothy for Halloween. So it's not that I dislike Halloween, just the costume part. I love the festivities of Halloween, like the pumpkins, the parties, the time of year, and the candy! As for the theatre, I started in the theatre and continued working in it for years and years. That's where I began my acting, I just don't live, breath, die and starve theatre, (I'd rather eat) like a lot of NYC actors that I've come across.

    ReplyDelete